View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
335(EX)(EYE)
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 & n55 / e46 330ci DD

Question n54 automatic 335xi coldstart clunk?

My car has been pretty much hastle free all of its life except turbos being replaced, (car is 08' n54 automatic 335xi sedan)

Recently on cold start i immediately get this sort of clunk/knock, it feels like its coming from the trani (i feel it from my seat) it sounds like its coming from engine but like i said i feel it in my seat. The clunk only lasts for like 1 second.

My car has 80k miles on it right now, during normal driving even when engine is cold everything is A-ok. This knock/clunk has been getting worse over the past 2 months. If i leave my car sit for a day or so and i start it in the morning is when its the loudest. It seems the longer it sits the louder it is. I do not know if this is related but i just replaced my plugs with bosch from autohausz. Everything was torqued down correctly. There is no tune installed ATM. No lights are showing up. Have not tried to read codes yeaht.

I attempted making a video of the noise but to no avail. I simply cannnot capture the sound through video.

My car is going into the stealership tommorow. Im just curious if you guys have ran into this sort of knock/clunk sound? I love to have a bit of input to tell the dealer what i think it is but i dont have any clue.

This problem just worries me cuz i can actually FEEL it. It is def not normal

I know i dont have codes fo you guys and or video of sound and very little info, just would appreciate it if anybody can relate?

I will report back with any updates.

Appreciate 0