View Single Post
      10-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Loving the new Stoptec Cross-drilled setup!

LOVE the new Stoptec cross-drilled rotors from EAS! I was on the fence for a long time for the ECS Tuning GEOMET rotors and the delays there tipped me over the fence to spring for the MORE expensive Stoptec setup. I firmly believe I made the right decision, Stoptec quality is tried and true and I am extremely happy. 2 weeks into bed-in I am immediately surprised at the increase in performance (bear in mind my car is 2 years old with only 8K miles on it so my oem rotors and pads are barely used and in great nick). The stainless lines, the new stoptec street/race pads, super blue race brake fluid and the cross-drilled rotors not only look amazing but the feel is immediate. The pedal is firm, no fading, no squeaks, very minimal dust and a solid secure feel.

Also, compared to the ECS rotors, these are also powder-coated BLACK on the hats and the vents making for stark contrast between the rotor surface and the wheel well... simply gorgeous. Much improved over an already potent oem system. Thanks to Kevin @ EAS for hooking me up!

I also repainted my calipers using G2 ceramic paint color matched to BMW OEM Estoril Blue. It looks AMAZING in the sun.

Last edited by madmanhiker; 10-29-2012 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Added ///M decal on rotor since this is an ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0