View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Go with Cobb tune. I was in same situation as you. I just wanted to do a tune and no major upgrades. I wanted to just run stage 1 aggressive with 93octane. For that purpose the cobb served me real well.

However, like few others said once the mod bug bites you will soon find yourself doing small upgrades here and there. I ended up going with more free flowing catback exhaust for mostly sound and bit more power. Next step I can see coming is down pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupordave View Post
Been searching and lurking for several months trying to decide to tune or not. No plans for extensive mods but would like better throttle response and a bit more power. Have a 2011 335is with 8,000 miles on it and want something realiable and issue free (for dealership visits also). Can't seem to decide between ESS or COBB? Seem like COBB is much more popular but why? No plans for an FMIC, downpipes, meth or dragstrip time. More of a weekend driver since I travel weekly. Have 93 octane readily available in my area. Any advice?
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0