Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 535i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwed335i View Post
Actually I agree with you on the first part. Training and MACO are overhead as far as a business is concerned otherwise it would be on the Maroni sticker charged from BMWNA to the retail customer just like the $750 destination charge. To pass on $300-400 to the customer for a national ad that they probably have never seen is just plain crazy. I would rather pay a $200 fee for unlimited coffee and bagels while I wait for my car in service.

Just because BMWNA charges the dealer directly on each cars invoice (if that is the case) does not make the charge to the customer legitimate!

I would think that the purpose of the national ad is to increase business, right? If so you are charging your customers for your increase in business and profit that you have made from that increase.

Well, luckily I have never done business with a dealer that charges these fees and never will, Will.
Totally disagree with you. If a dealer was trying to charge you for THEIR own advertising that would absolutely fall into your category of "the cost of doing business". If the MANUFACTURER of a product charges X for a product, it is absolutely legitimate for the seller to charge the customer.
Appreciate 0