View Single Post
      01-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #50
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
You seem to be very convinced that Dinan has done more R&D and testing than "small" tuning shops like us. What makes you think this? Do you think that their delay into the market was due to a rigorous in-house test schedule? Or was it because they didn't even get a car until recently?

And I'm the one deceiving people? I think you should look at what you are doing. It's one thing to be happy with a purchase (as you seem to be). It's other thing to justify your purchase to yourself and others with ad hoc reasoning and supposition. If you think the Dinan flash is the best solution out there, you need to try a little harder to convince some of us. Just because a well-written advertisement/white papers is good enough for you, it's not good enough for others who actually have first hand experience with more than one tuning option.

Regardless, it's okay for us to have different opinions. Because that is just what they are... opinions.

Shiv

PS. And yes, I agree it is a silly idea to put a TMAP voltage divider on top of a flash to raise boost. Again, an opinion. I'm sure there are others will argue otherwise.

Shiv, c'mon You havn't taken the engine out of the car and even dynoed it at the crank or even isolated the engine from the car and developed your tune using all the mechanics available. (IE control the the ECU.) You don't have a working relation with BMW and in fact many of your cutomers hide your software from BMW.

I highly respect your ability to tune a car... but 90% of your customers are leasing their cars and don't car about residual dmg done using your tune... because it's not their problem.

We are all aware of your testing and what you've done to insure the upmost in safety... but there is only so much a piggyback can do. You do not benchtest your engine nore run 24 hour stress tests, acquiring real time data. You simply do not have the resources nor the funds for such a complete analysis of what your tune does to the engine.

Please don't suggest that your "on par" with DINAN when it comes to R&D. It's laughable!

-Garrett

Last edited by Garrett; 01-14-2008 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0