View Single Post
      04-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #55
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Hey George - thx for all the great info. Quick question, I've noticed you're a pretty firm believer in sealant. My 335i is black saph, and I have 3 coats of "best of finish" on the hood, roof, and trunk, 2 coats everywhere else applied by a random orbital. There is not a single blemish, mark, or swrill anywhere. My car is garaged, and I will never purposely drive in the rain (I know, a bit anal). Do I still need to use a good sealant? thx.
Good question. I usually like to add a sealant underneath my wax as an insurance policy for full protection. On a true show car vehicle, chances are I wouldn't use a sealant. I think as long as you are aware of the length of the expected durability out of the "Best of Finish" (do you mean Griot's Best of Show?) product, you'll be fine. It just forces you to apply it more frequently without having an added layer of security in case the wax fades faster than expected. To ensure complete protection year round, you'd want to apply your wax every few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3352G0 View Post
Yes please put a package together of useful and easy to work with products. I am a complete detailing "dweeb". I like to wash my car weekly with a wand wash and then drive it fast to dry it off spot free. Maybe dress the tires every few weeks and clean the windows. I found with my previous car every time I touched it with a cloth or California blade even to dry it after a wash, it would swirl so I decided to go hands free with everything. I love black on sports cars so I guess thats why I am getting it again...but I would like a routine that is simple and "dweeb-proof" if that makes sense. I am a busy person, so I do not have time to spend hours detailing my own car weekly. Plus I fear putting hand to paint. Maybe I need lessons or something!
3352GO - I'll shoot you a PM with some packages that would fit your needs. Can you just clarify what you mean when you say you "fear putting hand to paint?" Do you mean you don't like touching your paint with anything by hand? Do you have a buffer you would want to use or possibly be interested in a buffer? If you could just clarify what you meant there I'll shoot you some possible package ideas to look over.

George
Appreciate 0