View Single Post
      03-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #114
cyphr
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Definitely, as soon as the weather gets nicer. My car is so disgustingly dirty right now, pretty much ashamed to drive it. Had this conversation with a buddy recently:

Him: Dude, why is your car so dirty! You usually keep it spotless.
Me: It's been cold and I haven't had time to wash it recently. I don't bring it to the car wash since that does a number on the paint, which I would then need to fix.
Him: So you let your car get this dirty because you care too much about your paint?
Me: Ye.. yes. Correct.

It's going in for service next Tuesday, so I'll need to at least take it to the touchless before dropping it off. Omitting the dealer hack-job of a wash (as always) obviously.
Dude, that is my exact reasoning. As long as your winter prep is sufficient, washing during the winter is really unnecessary and will most likely induce excessive marring. Even hand washing will most likely swirl the paint more since we all pretty much use hose water, which is really cold during winter as opposed to warm, suddy, dirt-lifting water.

But once in a while, the detail addict inside convinces you to wash your car in 30 degree weather and having the suds freeze before you have a chance to rinse it off)

Exhibit A (notice the ice rink on my driveway) :
Appreciate 0