View Single Post
      09-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjosh View Post
okay so upon further reading of a few more threads specific to the application im using..it seems i will be taking my technic harness and cutting it in half minus the power and ground..I connect the FL FR RL RR to the speaker level inputs of the ms8 to channels 1-4 (using the wiring diagram for the l7 system) do i also need to connect the sub outputs of the oem amp to the inputs of the ms8? I'm assuming that they need to be connected to the input channels 7 & 8 as per the ms-8 manual...

On the output side of the ms8 i will be using the other side of the technic harness to connect to the oem wiring in the car, making all connections on the technic harness itself to avoid cutting the oem wiring..

so other than that my few other questions would be, that the harness that technic sent me has some of the wires label with FR/FL ect do these correspond with the actual wires or should i just disregard them?

also where is there a good spot in the trunk to tap into for a remote turn on for the ms-8?
just trying to make sure i got the right handle on this will be doing the install on tuesday...Thanks to all those that have responded to my pms and kaigoss and technic for all of the their support to everyone on the forum..most of what i have learned has been from these guys..
That is pretty much what you have to do. You might want to let technic know what you are doing. He might make an ms8 harness for logic 7, but I am not sure.
Appreciate 0