Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
You confidently stated that on a Audi a popping noise would be the CV joint and not the wheel bearing. Well in those particular cases it was the wheel bearing and nothing else. No groaning/howling at any speeds, just cracking/popping during turns.

I am chill, just defending my real world experience vs your stipulation of what "typically" happens. Obviously this guys has had 2 places try and diagnose the problem without luck so I'm suggesting that out of the ordinary possibility.

No, I think you'll find if you read back through the replies that IceKube "confidently stated" the Audi CV joint initially, but yes I did agree with him because first hand experience or not, it is a valid and correct statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyyoung View Post
I would say to get it on shaker plate's and turn plate's check for play in the top mount's . I would suspect this from what you have said but without hearing it it's hard for anyone to say . Unless they have had simalier problem's . For what it's worth I'm a time severed mechanic with 18 year's experience and also an mot tester . Top mount's or even the spring turning slightly would give this sound.

Hope you get it sorted soon . One thing I hate is noise's that you can't find .
And it's nice to see another qualified mechanic also suggesting what I mentioned first off about checking the top mounts!

Last edited by Russbmw; 01-06-2015 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0