View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

Exclamation Got a ticket... fight it?

so a couple weeks ago i got a ticket doing 86 on my way down to Los Angeles, cop was nice, easy, didnt really give me a chance to try and get out of it LOL but did right me up for only going 79 instead of 86 which the Airplane apparently booked me at.

I just got my ticket in the mail yesterday and just noticed that they spelled my name incorrectly: Brian instead of Bryan. A couple friends of mine have told me to fight the ticket because they cannot prove it was me because in the case file they misspelled my name compared to what is on my drivers license.

I looked on the handwritten ticket the cop that pulled me over gave me and it seems that he spelled my name correctly Bryan, but his handwritting is 5/10 on the legible scale.

Should i fight the ticket in hope that the court does not have a copy of the handwritten ticket with my name sort of spelled correctly with the argument that my name isnt Brian Coleman so they cannot give me the ticket
or
should i just pay the $300 and do the traffic school and just be happy that he booked me for 79 instead of 86

???????

Last edited by BMW Junge für Leben; 06-06-2012 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0