thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
That sounds right. Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest is something was not put together properly. I know you said the dealer looked at it but unless they removed the rear carpet and took apart the upper strut mounts (for example) I don't know how they can say that. IIRC there are are two pieces to the bushings and they have to go in in the right order. Plus there are some washers and a spacer and so forth.

Also were the rear bump stops trimmed? You need to take 1" off them in back. Fronts need to be trimmed too or use e36 M3 stops. You could be riding on the stops (this just occurred to me).

All kinds of shit could go wrong that would not nec be apparent from casual inspection, springs not seated properly, missing/misaligned spring rubber pads, improperly assembled under-tightened shock mounts. etc etc.

Not sure who your installer was or how well he knows BMW's. If this were my car I would take it all apart and start over.

As for the rear subframe bushings, yeah they are "weak" but that only shows up on hard launches and super hard cornering. Over ordinary road imperfections you should not be experiencing what you're describing.
The bumpstop were replaced with E36 M3 ones, and the rear were trimmed per your recommendation and the Eibach notes. The installer is someone who has done many BMW installs and comes highly recommended by various people on this forum. So I am not sure what's up....

I do agree that the dealership most likely did a superficial check. Therefore my next step is to bring the car to a local BMW specialty shop and them take a look. I will provide an update after the visit. Thanks again for the input!
Appreciate 0