silversnl
2 Wheels is better than 4
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
2011 Ducati 848 EVO  [0.00]
First Track Day

Well, in a car anyway. Thursday I am going to head out to my local track (Portland International Raceway) and run my 335i through its paces.

The good:

I'm excited to be able to actually open the beast up and drive the way I like to drive.

The Bad:

I'll be in the beginner group. Although I understand and agree with the rationale (never been on the track in a car, need to learn the procedures, etc...), it is a little humbling.

<>
I race motorcycles on this same track and have been running the advanced group on a bike for the last 2 years or so. Unfortunately that's not enough ammunition to be turned loose in the intermediate group (a stock 335 can't really hack it in the advanced group, I'll admit that). I am hoping to get signed off by the end of the day to run solo in the intermediate group. </>

That said, I have a few questions:

Tire pressure: Should I just run what is recommended for >100mph in the manual? Only thing I have to compare with is bikes, and they are VERY finicky with tire pressure.

Helmets, gloves, shoes: Anything specific or just something comfortable? I understand the helmet needs to be DOT, but beyond that is what I am asking.

Anything else to take note of?
Appreciate 0