04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
silversnl
2 Wheels is better than 4
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
2011 Ducati 848 EVO  [0.00]
Thank you all for the info. Was definitely appreciative of the tire pressure recommendations. Didn't think about bringing extra oil, but will keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAlsbM3 View Post
It's not the car that determines which group you run in, it's the driver.
A buddy who runs trackdays pretty regularly mentioned a bunch of purpose built race cars in the advanced group. I just figured I'd be a bit out of place should I get to that level eventually.

I don't want to start a flame war, but I would like to address the ego comments:

Quote:
Since you never driven a car on a track before, you are a beginner. Just because you ride a motorcycle in an advanced group on the same track, that doesn't apply here.
I did mention that I understood and agreed with why I was in beginner group. I was simply trying to say that there are corners I'm perfectly comfortable diving into on two wheels at 90+ while in a competitive racing environment, so it is a bit humbling to have to step down to the beginner group. NEVER said I should be in Intermediate or Advance.

Quote:
Lastly, put your ego aside and keep an open mind.
No ego at all. You lose that REAL quick when you're pushing your hardest and someone easily backs their bike in underneath you in a corner. Or when a guy who outweighs you by 70 pounds and hasn't ridden in a year or two jumps on your bike and turns a lap time 4 seconds faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
I would put that at da front, really sounds like OP needs to eat more humble pie. God help silversnl's instructor.
I didn't say I should to be in the Intermediate or Advanced group. In fact, I stated I understand exactly why I will be running the beginner group, and agreed with being there. I have no problem with it, it's just humbling going from running with an advanced group and running in a race environment to running in the beginner group on the same track, but at much slower speeds.

Last edited by silversnl; 04-30-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0