Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
FS: '89 325i (e30) - MA/RI area

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Rather than update my old FS thread, I've decided to go with a new one, entirely. Car is located in Southeastern Mass, roughly 15 minutes east of Providence and 45 south of Boston. Asking $2400 (w/ exhaust).

The Good/The Bad

The Good:
  • 1989 325i (2 door)
  • 5 speed
  • 181,xxx miles
  • Engine runs strong and idles good
  • New Stromung cat-back exhaust with roughly 100 miles driven with it, if that
  • Euro grilles (though the driver-side has a small crack...nothing some epoxy can't fix)
  • Tranny shifts smoothly
  • Interior is in pretty good shape, tan vinyl comfort seats with no tears/cracks/etc., 2 or 3 minor cracks in the dash that can probably be patched up
  • New hood, both front fenders, passenger door, and front valance
  • 14" black basketweaves with ok tires (can sell with either these or 14" bottlecaps...if both sets are desired, I'll want an additional $125)
  • Power windows and mirrors work great
  • 3.73 LSD
  • New fan clutch
  • New thermostat
  • Recent maintenance (within the last 3 years): timing belt + tension pulley, water pump, brakes all around, front wheel bearings, alternator, control arm bushings, and sway bar links
  • New intake boot and other various hoses
  • No rust underneath
  • Sunroof cranks up and back, though the crank itself is cracked and does come off (typical E30 issue)
  • Smoked front indicators
  • I've added a brand new IS front lip and a used IS rear spoiler lip
  • With a little TLC, could easily become a daily driver

The Bad:
  • Some rust/rot on passenger side rocker panel
  • Original Cirrus Blue paint is faded
  • OBC LCD is messed up (typical e30)
  • Front driver-side bumper shock mount (where it mounts to the Core Support) was pushed back in an accident from the PO
  • Front blinkers don't operate, as a result of me being forced to cut the wiring behind the actual blinker housing. This could easily be wired together with wire nuts or something to that affect, but I haven't had time to do this yet
  • Bumper trim (front, driver-side) is a bit messed up from the PO's accident, so that could use some upgrading
  • Car leaks brake/clutch fluid (same reservoir) from somewhere up front...not sure where, but it's a very slow leak and I haven't had to top it off for 6 or 7 months now
  • Hood needs to be realigned, as it currently fits a bit snug and won't open using the hood release latch in the car, rather, you need to manually pop open the hood through the grilles using a screwdriver...tough to align an e30 hood by yourself, which is why I haven't bothered to mess with it again

Because the car was essentially a Frankenstein of various colored parts, I've plastidipped the entire car black, so now it's one solid color.

While they are currently not installed, I do have the fog lights and brake ducts. Also, I am willing to sell the car with or without the exhaust, as I would be looking to recoup a good chunk of the cost of the exhaust. So for example, I'd sell the car for roughly $500 cheaper without the exhaust than I would look to get if I sold it with the exhaust. Obviously if you buy it without the exhaust, it's up to you to decide how to get it home (drive as is, tow, purchase exhaust on your own and install prior to driving home, etc.).

I tried to think of everything (good and bad) about this car, so if you have any other questions, please let me know. Email me for additional info or pictures (I have a ton of pictures from throughout the transformation). Thanks.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0