01-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Hey guys, looking for advise/experience from anyone that attends track days in the northeast. I see that you either have to attend through "Driver Education" as BMWCCA offers or through clubs like "Chin Motorsports." I have done a ton of European track days and it seems that our track days are not as liberal as those overseas (passing only on straights, instructors as passengers..).

My question is this; Whats the best way to enjoy 5-10 tracks days per season in the most "free" atmosphere.

Thanks
The most "free" ones are Trackdaze and TT4C. TD does mostly events in the Virginia area but they do make their way up to NJMP once or twice a year. TT4C is all NJMP. I've run with TD before, it was ok just because of all the track time I got but I actually prefer running with the more structured clubs because they tend to attract more experienced drivers (who do less stupid things).

The other more "strict" clubs are CCA, PCA and NASA. PCA isn't as anal as CCA in the northeast and they tend to have better rates too. Keep in mind though if you run with the more experienced level groups the passing zones are pretty generous. The pass only on straights is usually associated with beginner groups.

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll add you to my distribution. I have a spreadsheet of 2013 DE events with multiple clubs. Best of luck, quite a few of us meet at events! Oh yea check this thread too:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691681