View Single Post
      04-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #21
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjames View Post
Read post #6, maybe you should look into doing some "homework" yourself. Sorry for angering you so greatly, I completely misunderstood what you were saying and you were actually being overly helpful in offering me your caps so thank you very much. I wish I had known what you meant as I would have gone that route.
just so you know i sold it for 20 shipped. the price of the parts alone with the way i did the kit was over 20 dollars just to make it completely PNP. To ask for 20 shipped i think was fair as it is still cheaper than ddm since theirs is 20 + shipping+tax while still being not completely PNP. This was accomplished though the use of 2 amp connectors, soldiering for a solid connection, dielectric grease to further protect against corrosion, and then heat shrink tubbing to seal entirely from water intrusion. Of course this can be done directly to the oem harness with nothing more than the capacitor and electrical tape. But compared to something like the ddm kits you will find in your research that people who have bought them have literally had them explode and release the internal dielectric "juices" because of the polarity issue that is present.
Appreciate 0