03-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
They can't tell you what FW the phone's going to be running. You'll only find out once they fill out all the paperwork and go and get the phone from the case. By then it's already registered to your name.

The best you can do is before they go and get it from their cabinet is to ask for one which they think has been there the longest. I do this each time I swap a phone, I've talked to some of them and they told me that there is an order by which phones are stocked and they can get one which has been there longest relative to the others.

Of course this can be meaningless if your apple store is really busy and they restock phones every 2 days, or if the employee you get doesn't know about how they're stocked.

If you use the cam regularly, I'd go and get it swapped as I'll put my money that a JB will be out within 2 weeks, likely 1 as it's already being tested. If not, keep the 4.2.1, if you have SHSH files saved, do a restore to 4.2.1 and see if your camera starts working; I'm pretty sure it's a software thing and a restore should fix it.

gl
Thanks

But I know for a fact it's not a software glitch as I did the restore already :/
Note the video is looonggg. the part you may be most interested (if there is any interested at all) would be around 1:30
Also, this was taken when my family was over for Persian New year.

Appreciate 0