03-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #27
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan

what i do know is that i'm not someone who likes work strictly behind a desk and computer crunching away at numbers and equations. not saying those jobs aren't good, they definitely are, it's just not what i wanted. i wanted to pursue something more of a job where i could go out and meet people and talk to clients/coworkers, instead of sitting behind a desk all day long (e.g. financial advisor, sales, investment sales, etc).

First quarter of college I was in the engineering major. Then I realized I dont wanna spend 8+ hours everyday in a room inventing stuff. So I decided that business is best for me because every since I was a little kid, I've always the concept of running a business for profit. I think the only reason why I went into engineering in the first place was because my parents brainwashed me. Almost all asian parents want their kid to be either an engineer, doctor, or pharmicist. Yeah sure you could go in that but that will make THEM happy, not you!!

And I know tons of engineers who lost their jobs and are now selling cars for a living. I can also name a bunch that are switching to other industries. One thing I realized is that you can never get rich by working for someone else.

To each his/her own...
Appreciate 0