01-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #289
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
Hi Henry,

I don't think changing the springs has any negative effect on whatever shocks are installed.

It's not going up and down more often. It's not putting anymore stress on the shock. If anything, it's reducing the frantic up and down of a stock spring.

I think this idea of stock shocks going bad soon after installing springs started when someone put springs on with already or close to bad or worn out shocks.
As for this post, I decided to ignore it completely because it lacks truth and confidence. "Think"? .. Funny especially since he said "bull" so confidently at my post.

Changing to lowering springs DEFINITELY has negative effect on shocks if they're not matched together.

I installed Eibach pro kit springs on my stock shocks when the car had around 1000 kms and the stock shocks were worn out and not functioning properly in 3~4 months.

As for why lowering springs affect stock shocks negatively, please use google to see the reason. It's everything to do with spring rates and the length of the stroke the stock shocks were designed for.
Appreciate 0