View Single Post
      03-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #17
danpen
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Help

"Third: climb in the boot with a screwdriver facing upwards to the parcel shell. Find the (almost hidden) unlocking holes (one left, one right) for the rear seats (just a hole on the metal with a lever behind them) and move the lever outwards to unlock the rear seat back. Itīs a so called emergency release latch (donīt ask me why itīs called that since there still are the bolts at the lower part of the seat). That release latch is really hard to find and even after youīve found it itīs really hard to figure out what to move where, but once youīve done it, itīs easy."

I must be blind because I don't think I see these levers. I see two holes with a white plastic part behind them, and the plastic parts seem to move and have a spring tension on them, but they don't seem to be unlatching anything. Or am I looking at the wrong thing completely? This seems to make sense because they are in line with two metal posts that run forwards towards the seat backs.

Also, I guess I should double check that there are only two torx bolts that hold the seatback on. There are 7 total I think but all but those two seem to only be anchor points for the seat belts.
Appreciate 0