View Single Post
      08-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #336
gdcpsu94
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Convertible

Thanks Gizze for your response. I wired up everything this weekend (minus the Blaupunkt THA 555 amp as I'm awaiting the proper BMW radio harness from Blue Spot). I installed two DLS 4" Reference components up front and 4" Reference coaxials in the rear panels. I also installed two Earthquake subs (4 ohm versions) under the front seats.

I do have a few more questions for you based on your last post. You mention in your last post about wiring both of the subs directly to the THA 555 as it has two sets of mono outputs. If I did that, wouldn't the amp see a 4 ohm load seeing how both subs are 4 ohm? What I did instead, was wired them together (in parallel) so that the amp sees a 2 ohm load and thus they each will get 125W RMS as opposed to 100W RMS as a 4 ohm load. Isn't this the preferred way of wiring them to the amp? Also, I'm assuming it's OK that the other 4 channels see a 4 ohm load, while the sub channel sees a 2 ohm load?

What should I set the high pass filters for the front and rear to? I'll assume 120Hz? Obviously, set the sub channel low pass to 120Hz as well? The two questions I have regarding settings are the high pass filter on the sub channel -- what should I set it to?
And, since the subs are wired directly to the amp (independent of the wiring harness), should I still leave the sensitivity set to 8V for the sub channel or adjust it down?

One final question, I could not find anywhere on this forum that detailed the colored wiring diagram for all 4 speakers in the BASE stereo coming out of the factory head unit into the factory speakers. I want to ensure I have the polarity correct. If you could shed any light on this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for all your help. This is my 5th BMW (and install), yet this is the most complicated. Arggghhh!!
Appreciate 0