View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Youngbp04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey M3

Arrow Street/Track Tire Set Help

I have finally decided to make the jumpt to a much more agressive tire set up. I currently am still running my winter tires on the stock OEM M-Package 18" wheels that came on my 2010 e90 335i. The factory tires were actually stolen out of my shed when I was moving, and I need to get these winter tires off so it is time to order a new set.

I am going to keep my stock 18" wheels for this set of tires, as I do not foresee them lasting for an extended period of time given my driving style and intent to track my car this summer. I think I have narrowed my decision down to one of three sets:

1) Yokohama ADVAN A048
2) Toyo Proxes R888
3) Michelin Sport Cup

What are your thoughts? What tires would you go with out of the bunch, or is there another set you would prefer?

What would be the most aggressive ("meatiest") size I could go with? I know the stock set is 225/40 up front and 255/35 out back. Ultimately, I will be putting spacers to make it as flush as possible, but will have to wait to measure after the tires are mounted. Unless, someone has an idea of what sizes would work best together.

Thanks again for any input! I really value the opinion of this forum and feel like its members are top notch. Willing to help others out and not simply push the "there is a search button, use it" philosophy (though sometimes it is warranted )

Thanks again for any help!
Appreciate 0