View Single Post
      01-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
this mitt accomplishes nothing. no steps are eliminated at all.

instead of having a separate towel or pad to "clay" with, you get to flip your mitt over and use the rubber side after the car is washed. woopdy doo. Then once the microfiber side accidentally gets contaminated beyond cleaning, or simply gets too worn out, you're left with a rubber pad that's smaller than the autoscrub towel and unable to be hooked up to your machine like the autoscrub pad.

if you want versitility, you're much better off just buying the 6" pad and using it by hand or machine depending on your feelings for the day.
I have both the 3" and 6" Autoscrub as well as the wash mitt. For light contamination or very sensitive paint, the wash mitt is faster. You actually don't use it as a wash mitt. You use it like a clay bar. Spray the area with your favorite lube. Put some ONR in a bucket and use it to rinse out the mitt after every panel. It is a great complimentary addition to a rinseless wash system.

I only use the Autoscrub pads on cars that need medium to heavy paint corrections. In the event that the pads mar the paint, no big deal since I will be doing corrections anyway. I don't take this chance when a car only needs a touch up. I simply don't want to spend extra time to correct any problems that the pads may cause.