View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #134
srSheepdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i - Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBee659 View Post
Wish you the best and its crazy how much the human body can take. But most importantly is how we choose to deal with it. I can truely say, "been there done that", as far as serious motorcycle accidents go. I'll be short: After 9/11 as a USAF reservist I was activated at sent to Barksdale AFB, LA from NC. I spent 19 months on active duty and deployed to Saudi Arabia for 4 months during that time. A week before being deactivated I was involved in a motorcycle accident on my ZX9R when a 19 yr old decided to make a left turn in front of me. I have no memory of the accident or my first week in ICU. I fractured both wrist, right ankle, T-7/8 vertebrae, and tore all the ligaments on my left knee. First time I ever broke any bones.LOL Spent 3 months on my back before starting the hard road to recovery. About 6 months after my accident I finally made it home and continued with outpatient therapy. Apr 7, 2013 will be 10 yrs since my accident. I'm now in a wheelchair, living with pain everyday and thankful I'm alive. My wife is the greatest!!! Before being activated I was a motor officer on a BMW R1150RT-P, best job ever.LOL On the bright side, I was on active duty and now retired with 100% service connected disability. God has blessed my family since the accident and we have never been without any needs.

My advise to riders, learn to ride properly, take motorcycle riding classes, and a roadracing school if you want to ride your sportbike to its limits safely. Better yet, do track days. Most importantly, WEAR safety gear to include a helmet even if your state does not require one, or at least be an organ donor so someone else can benefit from your stupidity. A helmet saved me in 2 out of 4 of my motorcycle accidents. The 2 accidents were my worse ones, on both I was knocked unconscious. Yes, I'm hard headed and love riding. Love the open road so now I have a convertible and love it.
Thanks for sharing, Brother, and thank you for your service, at both your day and weekend jobs.
Appreciate 0