View Single Post
      11-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

'06 325xi Feels like wheels are slipping.

This just started happening 3 days ago. I have a manual 325xi with about 68k miles on it. I have no problems putting the car in gear and the car doesn't feel like it has lost any performance, but sometimes, I get this loss of power in the car when I'm going slow.

This only happens when I'm the lower side of RPMs. For example, today, I was driving, took a turn in 3rd gear and during the turn I slowed down to ~20 MPH. Ideally, I would put the car into 2nd, but I didn't and gave it more gas to get it to a proper speed for the gear it's in and the car felt like it lost power to the wheels momentarily, then came back, then lost power again, and then came back again. It feels like my wheel slipped on some ice and the car stopped accelerating, then immediately gripped the asphalt ahead of it and it came back. That's the best way I can think to explain it.

Is this just a case of a bad manual driver (car not being in proper gear) or could something be wrong? The car still works perfectly fine whenever I drive around and am shifting properly. It only happens when the RPMs are a bit too low, but still in the acceptable range for the gear it's in.

Edit - If anyone runs into this problem, I found out what was wrong for my car at least. I couldn't recreate the problem after my post so I just assumed everything was fine. Today, I got up for work and when I started to drive away with the car it started vibrating quite a bit. Bought an OBD2 tool and got Error code P0305 which is cylinder 5 misfire. Guess I'm changing the spark plugs and hoping that's the problem. Could be a fuel injector too.

Last edited by DarkRider23; 11-30-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0