lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito
There are a handfull of us that do understand the reason of bolt on mods. To me, it is to get more engine sound out of it and to some extent, better acceleration. Personally, i know i wont get gains and i could care less. With the power that my e90 puts out, it is suffice to make me smile.
Im not against you, and I agree.

As soon as a reasonably priced intake system comes out for E90, I am in 100%.
Not for almost a grand though. for a filter and bunch of carbon fiber pieces? I'll go get myself a custom made carbon fiber pieces and a ebay filter for $300 and get same look and performance out of it. Its just not worth it in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. Most bolt-ons are for 10% power gain, 90% "sound-gain-that-makes-your-car-sounds-like-it-gained-200hp" gain. And you know what, I don't care, if it sounds good, I'll get it.

I doubt you'll feel the difference in acceleration though from bolt-ons.
Few wheel horsepower can't be felt, its just our fake butt-dyno.

After years of being involved in automotive tuning scene however, I learned one thing.
Save the money, get something $$$$ and big. Because you'll get what you paid for.
Pay $$$ for small things, ends up $$$$.
I always ended up spending $5000 or more on bolt-ons in the past. Later down the road, I realize, with that money I could've gotten a nice turbo kit setup, that'll smoke the crap out of my current car with bunch of bolt-ons that gave me 20whp.

People spend $1500 for cat-back exhaust, $1000 for intake, $2000 for headers, $500 for aftermarket cat, $1000+ for ecu tuning, etc. And they don't realize, with all that money, they could've hit 60+whp gain with a nice forced induction setup. But no, they are only getting probably 20whp with all that bolt-on crap and similar amount of money spent(aka. wasted).

But who am I to talk about such things?
I am the dumb and dumber who just dropped a grand on a front lip and eyelids.
And this is exactly why I don't blame anyone for heading towards wrong tuning direction. I do it all the times.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0