View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
jbnery6465
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Weird Transmission Behavior in 1st Gear

2006 325i 6MT with about 79k

This has happened twice in the last week. The first time after a cold-start, the second time after the car was warmed up. I've owned the car for 2 months...and yes...I know how to properly drive a manual

When going from neutral to 1st, upon releasing the clutch and pressing the gas I normally would expect a smooth transition. However last Saturday, the car's engine was starting to stall for about 3-4 seconds before it finally caught gear and I was able to resume driving in 1st gear. It was as if I wasn't pressing the gas enough, but trust me I was on the gas. It only happened once that day so I thought maybe it was because I didn't warm up the car enough. A few days go by and no problem...until 2 nights ago in the evening after a day of driving, it happened again but wasn't as hard or as long, a little more subtle.

Could this be something with the clutch plate or tranny gears? Could it be something with fuel delivery? Any info would be helpful, TIA.