View Single Post
      04-11-2008, 04:09 AM   #77
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Got mine in the mail today! Installed it, and love it!

Damn thing sounds like I have a BOV now haha. Everytime you press the gas theres this loud hissing suction sound and whenever you shift or let off the gas theres a hissing whip like sound. Pretty freaking sick haha.

Popped the hood after a bunch of hard runs and it was just warm, not hot. I think the air rushing in from the snorkle really helps to cool that area down. My distilled water + water wetter + a bit of oem coolant mixture is noticeably keeping my temps down by about 10-20 degrees in every situation. I was cruising home from Costa Mesa in 45 degree weather tonight and even after repeated hard runs my temps never went over 210! The more distilled water and water wetter I add, the cooler it's running.

cant wait to get an FMIC to just really tip off the cake in terms of my engine's efficiency, longevity and relief of stress on my turbos, cooler intake temps, and MUCH better resistance to heat (they cool themselves back down way faster then the stock FMIC).

Oh, and some Forge DV's have to come too. . . but I dont have money for all of this. DP's can wait, the DV's and FMIC is more important.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0