View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Haven't looked round an Evoque but they do seem very small, reports say the economy is poor and other than a good looker they aren't great.

An SUV is a great family vehicle, we have had quite a few, most recent being an X3, then E53 X5 and now E70 X5. The smaller Q5/X3 style can be a bit pricey sometimes and stepping up to something X5 sized doesn't always cost a lot more. Running costs a bit higher but thats the price you pay for 2 tonne 4x4 with 6 cylinder engines.

The new model X3 seems to win most of the tests I have read, with a decent colour in M SPort with decent wheels it can look pretty good.
I agree that the larger models are MUCH better value in terms of what you get but I don't really want a massive car as the Mrs will need to be comfortable driving it too plus I live in London so driving and parking such a large vehicle is always a pain.

To be fair the X3 is a great small SUV by all accounts, the new one especially has been getting good reviews and BMW seem to be offering some cracking deals at the moment but I've never been too taken with the looks, just think the proportions look slightly awkward (no offence to X3 lovers) so they are off the cards, I'm a tart I know
Appreciate 0