TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
+1...At least when Merc lost site of their heritage back in the late 90s they tried to resurrect some of that Merc quality in their current line-up. I doubt it if BMW will ever return to their roots of being the ultimate driving machines.

When I see a W221 S Klasse I still see the standard of a luxury car. When I see an F30 3er, I see a boring/confused Audi with RWD...now that's something to talk about...my opinion is based more of how I feel about the handling rather than the way it looks BTW
I agree. Take a simple comparison between the 3-Series, A4 and C-Class. Those who have driven a current generation C-Class know it's nowhere near that of the E90 in terms of driving. You get the feeling that Mercedes doesn't really care. They stuck to making the most soft and comfortable ride and go on with their business and are happy with the results/sales. At the end of the day, you're not going to be disappointed on how soft a Mercedes feels. Some can't say the same about current BMW's.

While it's nice BMW wants to expand, I think they're trying to take on too much, too quick. I get that they want the title of innovation or market leader and so on but I'm sure there's a way to do all that without having to sacrifice certain aspects to achieve such goals.
Appreciate 0