View Single Post
      12-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #47
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveww48
I'm planning to do the hardwiring through the fusebox, as described in this thread. But I'm wondering where I can locate the V1 remote display and how I can run the wire to that display from the fusebox area?

Ideally I'd like to have the display in front of me, near the instrument cluster (e.g., in front of the mpg gauge would be fine) but I don't see how I can get the wire there in a reasonable way. (I am not interesting in removing any significant trim-- or cutting any trim-- or taking the dash apart.) I'd welcome any suggestions about this.
Hey, I've been thinking about doing this for a few now, if I do I will take pictures. I will probably try to locate the display in about the same area that you are thinking. My main objective is that I want the mute button closer to my right hand. What is nice is the wire for the remote display goes to the black box will be located in the fuse box when you do this install, rather than from the detector itself. That being said, running the remote display from the fuse box (glove box area) across to where you want it to be, shouldn't be that difficult. There is a DIY on radio removal that I saw the other day and it shows how to remove some of those electronics. Take a look at that, maybe there's a passthrough from the glovebox to behind those electronics that you can take advantage of. Let us know how it goes, and if not, I'll probably be working on that sometime soon and can do a DIY. GL

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0