Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZA View Post
These pictures are not to bash any company that does this nor does it compare quality of work. They are SIMPLY to show the difference in appearance of the headlight after it has been CUT open and resealed as opposed to a headlight that is opened up and resealed using an oven to soften the OEM Butyl sealant found in the E92's.

Before anyone posts the obvious. I do realize that these are pictures of a E90 headlight and an E92 Headlight. I also am fully aware that the E90 CAN NOT be opened using the conventional method of heating and prying open. This is simply to show the difference in aesthetics between a headlight that has been cut vs. one that has not been cut.

Enjoy.

That E90 housing was opened up and sealed pretty clean. I cut all around my housings with a dremel. Just the top portion of the groove they sit in though. So there is still a lip against the edge of the lens. Only takes about 20 minutes per side....alot faster than heating the plastic, deforming it, then reforming it and sealing it up.
Appreciate 0