View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

After about 8 months with the DTUK, I recently switched to the JBD from Burger Motorsport for our E91 320d. I wasn't aware that the JBD was compatible with a 320d but Terry was quite confident it would work so I gave it a try. As most of you know the DTUK not only plugs into the common fuel rail it also plugs into the boost sensor whereas the JBD only uses the fuel rail plug.

The DTUK definitely made a difference in performance but seem to hesitate and pull back between 3000-4000rpm. It also gave off a lot of diesel odur which the wife and kids would complain about especially when the sunroof was open. I did try various maps to smooth it out but it just didn't like our motor I guess.

Now the JBD at half the price can be installed within 2 minutes without the need of tampering with the boost pressure plug (which is a pita to remove and is really not needed at all and doesn't actually do anything). The performance/acceleration and smoothness of the JBD cannot even compare to the DTUK. The JBD is a far better product IMO. No hesitation whatsoever and it's a lot easier to increase the power by a simple min and maximum dial inside the unit. i've also noticed that the car uses a little less fuel with the JBD installed. The other advantage was the excess diesel smell the DTUK was emitting was completely gone wity the JBD installed.

You can order them here:

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_JBD_...ance_chip.html
Attached Images

Last edited by JB4-335; 12-20-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0