EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i M/T, 15 F80 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcharger View Post
The blackberry unit was really slick. I couldn't think of it being any slicker....the problem for me was the audio quality. I can't remember specifically, but I had seen this unit (the Giffen) and something turned me off of it.

In my mind, there's 2 key aspects that need to be handled. The first is the audio quality. I quite frankly found reports for the blackberry unit where people said the quality was great. I found this to be untrue when I bought 2 units. (which BB graciously refunded without issue). The second is the integration with the BMWs integral handsfree handling. The car does this wonderfully by itself. The belkin unit isn't as good as the BB unit. I don't have any info on the Griffen unit on either of these, but the write up seems to indicate that you have to hit a button to handle phone calls. The Belkin has this problem too, although its easily within reach depending on where it's mounted. This may not be as easy with the Giffen unit since it needs to plug into the cigarette lighter.
Agreed that phone calling would be an issue. But I already have Bluetooth in the car for calling from the factory. I would only be using this as an audio bridge for music. I am using an iPhone 5 currently, I just want to have the directions when using Apple maps to play through the car speakers. So I hope this does the trick.

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0