View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

My secret is just having done it a few times I figured out how to speed it up. When removing the two steering rack nuts, take the closed end of a 16mm wrench, and while turning your ratchet with a 16mm socket on the bolt, get the wrench to seat on the nut, then you can effortlessly remove them.
When re-installing the nut and bolt combo, my trick is to use both hands and get the nut up on top of the steering rack and looking through the bolt hole make sure it is perfectly lined up with the hole. Then try keeping a finger on the nut while sliding the bolt through, and then turn the bolt a time or two and it will begin threading the nut. Then you can do your wrench/ratchet trick.
Tzu may be right about the motor mount, because my AFE's cleared with me using a bit of wiggling and forceful pushing and pulling.
In term of lining the downpipes up to the midpipes I undo all the rear and middle bolts and nuts securing the exhaust, only leaving this one bracket attached to the car about 3/4 of the way back, that way you dont have to wrestle with raising your heavy ass exhaust off the ground. It is loose, but still hanging off the ground, giving you the ability to go forward/back, up/down to line up the holes.
If anyone in the bay ever needs a hand, im probably down.
Appreciate 0