View Single Post
      01-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
isntworkdull
Rep
Drives: 330D M Sport Convertible

Sqeaky brakes... BMW dealer said its normal???

Hi All,

I have a 2007 (08) 330D M sport cabi (E93 i think its called), i bought it 6 months ago from a bmw dealership near london (I live in midlands but was happy to buy further away for what i considered the best deal)...

Anyway, after a month of having it i noticed a bit of squeaking when braking... only when braking at very low speeds, i.e if in lots of traffic, and just moving a few yards at a time, or when coming to a complete stop etc...

its now 6 months, and yesterday it was in my local bmw dealership (which cost my £90 for them to look at (as i didnt buy it from them etc)), and they told me "No fault found"... I started complaining etc, and one of there engineers came out with me for a five minute drive, and of course... no squeak... he did of course point out its raining, which may be stopping it from happening etc...

Out of embarrasment i think, i let them convince me it was normal... but on my way home... squeak squeak... so i started thinking how in the hell can this be normal, i've had bmws for 12 years, never had one squeaking on me, and for them to say its normal...

Anyway, what they told me (and please bare in mind i know nowt about cars, so could be describing this completely wrong) is that the 2007 models have a different kind of brake sensor on them that is in constant contact with the brake and that is what makes the squeaky noise....

I got to thinking last night, that my local dealer must be talking sh*t, surely BMWs do not squeak, this cant be normal, i can only presume they want to wait until its out of warranty then make a mint on me doing some work etc...

Can anyone please advise me if they have come across the same thing (as according to this dealer it is very common and he was "suprised my previous car didnt have it)...

I am not sure how i go about getting this sorted, any advice from other BMW owners would be much appreciated....

thanks
James
Appreciate 0