View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #276
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1328 View Post
Thanks for the advice - that actually leads me to my next question. How are the Super Sports on the colder mornings?
I'll be running my Summer set-up a lot in early fall and late spring when there is the potential for the temps to drop below freezing in the mornings and late at night.
I had Super Sports on my 535i and I absolutely loved them. I actually just had them replaced with A/S 3's because the PSS were on back-order for the 275's.

My only concern with the PSS is how they handle in the cold temperatures? Is it worth it to sacrifice handling for the A/S 3's which are All Seasons or will the PSS do just fine in 20 degree weather (assuming its not icy)?
I really love the Super Sports so I'm leaning that direction as of right now.

I've also heard great things about the Blizzaks so its pretty much between X-Ice 3's and the Blizzaks. Hopefully I get a chance to test them before I make a decision, but they're both top rated Ice/Snow tires so I'm sure I can't go wrong with either.
They aren't great on cold mornings, especially if there is a little moisture on the ground. But they aren't dangerous either. Just don't floor it off the line and you'll be fine. I pull my summers off as late as possible and put them on as early as possible - the squishiness of winter tires isn't my favorite. We always get a dusting here and there and I'm fine if I'm smart about it. But I don't have far to work and I go in before 7AM so there aren't many cars on the road usually.

-Rich
Appreciate 0