View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #8
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Without prior arrangment yes, but if you ask, your own insurers will provide a free cover note for fully comp on a courtesy car for a few days for no charge (7 days minimum), as long as the loan car is not a higher group than your own car. (I had to do this for a while as I'd had a ban and the dealers own insurance won't cover bans in the last 5 years)

But the dealers still tried to charge me £15, even though they used to blag it was for 'insurance' then they tried to say ohh, errr, its for 'maintenance' or 'wear and tear' or some other tripe.

Years ago I just refused to pay the loan 'charge' when they tried it on my old E90 on some warranty work.

Once you start raising your voice a little at the service desk, they usually 'go to see their manager' and then as if by magic its free.

It's poor customer relations really. Pay for a loan car for servicing (maybe), but not warranty repairs IMO.

Honda know how to do it - My missus 35 month old Civic went in for a non critical rattle investigation, 2 guys pick it up and drop off a loan car for free next day. (mind you honda give free loan cars and free collection for regular servicing too)

Last edited by doughboy; 04-13-2011 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0