Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by black 335xi View Post
Okay, glad to hear that it's not just me. A couple of months into similar mod Eibachs plus Bilstein HD's, (you responded to another post of mine on the subject) I'm having the same reservations. Seems like too much compression damping and not enough rebound damping. Handling is great- ride quality did suffer. Wondering about Koni as well, but I've heard that they are actually a bit stiffer than bilstein ?
I've actually heard the opposite, that Bilstein Sport is one of the stiffest riding dampers on the market and that Koni is considerably softer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Interesting MassBimmer, I think more of your problem is H&R related than bilstein related. Most people claim the H&R are stiffer than the Eibach, which is a big part of the reason I stayed away from them.

If I remember correctly, someone described the H&R race as "welded to the frame," with the Sports being more compliant, and hte Eibach being the softest.
Very well could be. I'm anal when it comes to make sure products were made specifically for my vehicle though, which is why I went with H&R and not Eibach.
Appreciate 0