View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Thanks for posting this! This is the first recall that I'm affected by, although I haven't experienced the problem.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the preferred place would be to tap in near the battery for a charger? I charge my battery regularly, even though I drive my car at least 5 days a week. Charging the battery solved an electrical problem on my E39 (DSC would not work even though all sensors were working).

Right now I lift up the cover on the (+) terminal to connect, and connect the other lead to the (-) battery terminal. What I'd like to do is install a cable with a quick-release high current DC connector so I can just plug the charger in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
I'm looking forward to having a poltergeist exorcised from my car, if this is one of them!
You wouldn't be related to Nigel Shiftright would you? If so, the Prince of Darkness (Mr. Lucas), could be your poltergeist. Or perhaps his German cousin Herr Bosch...

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0