View Single Post
      07-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

Had you only asked BEFORE I was at the post office... I wouldve just tossed a couple turbos in there as you wished.

As anyone who calls me can attest, it is not always the turbos. In some cases it is the PCV or the check valve hose (which at about $30 I'd suggest also picking up). In others it is a bad valve cover gasket. In some others it is actually a bad valve cover. In some it is poor draining out the turbo outlets (usually this is only have turbos have been swapped though) because of a kinked line. Other times it is badly designed "aftermarket" Oil Catch cans or ones that are dirty or installed incorrectly. It could be grossly worn out oil that needs changed, or perhaps even a viscosity or brand that is not recommended for the engine. Change the oil at around 7.5k miles max as opposed to 15k miles IMO.

But of course for every other possibility, it could just as well be the turbos. They are put through lots of strain throughout there life and they certainly do not last forever. Best bet is to keep it simple, try out the cheap and easy stuff, and hope for the best

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
thanks Rob. Yeah oil consumption is up recently as well. Hope it's not the 'you know whats.' So if you could just slip a set of your snails into the package at no charge I'd be much obliged!

EDIT: But seriously folks, a diy I saw also recommends replacing that hose...do you agree?
Appreciate 0