Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Some people don't like CA, this gives it good reason to be optional.
Yeah but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for BMW to delete CA off specified vehicles then add it to vehicles. That way CA could be added after the fact if wanted and it streamlines their production.

Just like everything should be prewired, at least for US cars. Since US is the highest grossing market they should pre-wire everything, ie. xenons, CA, homelink mirror, folding mirrors, L7, etc. This way cars bought on lot can still be customized like ordering from the factory but at a slightly higher premium. It just makes more sense, the wires are being ran at production whats adding a few more and leaving a extra harness capped and dangling at various points tucked behind body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
+1

didnt care for the bells and whistles. Luckily, BMW made some of the options i want standard on the 335 such as xenon headlights and logic 7 system.

One thing they should have standard is leather. Its almost embarrassing telling people i had to pay extra for leather on 40k+ luxury sporty car.
If you think about it the leatherette is just as good as most other car makers leather. You really think Jeep, Ford, GM, Chevy, VW, Chrysler all use real leather?? Hell no, they use fake shit too that is worse then our Ette'. We all know leather isn't cheap, so why would it be standard on a 3er with a base price of 32K? 5er, 6er and 7er sure, 1er and 3er prolly not.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0