01-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivancozbek View Post
Hello everyone,

I couldn't find a section for new members so I'm not sure if this is the right area. I'm currently on the market for an 06-07 328i or 330i just have some q's. My last car was a 328i E46 so I kinda know what to expect.

Is there a reason to choose one model of the other?

I would assume that less mileage is better than the car being newer, not sure if the case?

What are the typical mainteince issues or concerns at certain mileage?

Thanks in advance and if you'll have anything else to add please do.

I checked out both before getting 330i two years ago. 330i was a top of the line model in '06. Get the one loaded with options if you can, BT, Logic 7, sport a must, premium, cold. Navi is not necessary. The transmission is ZF one of the best and only available in 330i. It is a rock solid vehicle and meaty. If you add performance suspension, exhaust, AA tune, etc you will have an awesome reliable machine that will go 200k+ with regular maintenance. Also, the 330i engine revs lower when cruising and it is smoother than 325 or 328 due to engine size, stronger engine = less work. And it so smoooth...like butta and loves to play.

I would also stay away from 330xi as it adds 150+ lbs of weight that impacts performance amd mpg. If you are going to drive through slush and snow just put on winter tires and enjoy. These cars have 50/50 balance and are great in snow with winter tires.

GL

Last edited by Mavus; 01-07-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0