View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #40
Notsafe335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine24 View Post
I've got an 07 e92 6mt with 98k and the only issues have been the spark plugs went out on me at 97k. Had even ordered them and the special socket to replace; got the socket in the day the #3 plug failed. Replaiced them all and no problems since. Also have Hankook ventus v12 tires, so no RFT's :-D
Technically I wouldn't even call that one an issue. BMW recommends spark plug swaps at 60K I think? Tuned cars are even more touchy at 20-40k. Shit we change plugs out on the EVOs that are tuned every 10K, however they don't have $80 plug changes.

The only issues my car has seen, knock on wood, is the HPFP at 40K. BMW has stepped up on that issue regardless of the fact if they've fixed it or not. Direct injection is become more common(see what I did there, huh?) place on gasoline engines and I expect some issues.

My car will see a ton of the dragstrip and some road course this year. I expect the clutch to fail(DR or slicks will be used with e85), hell I won't even be mad if I roast a set of turbos. If the motor yard sales, I'll be pissed but I don't see that happening unless something crazy happens.

Want an unreliable car? B5 S4s, DSMs, 300ZX twin turbos, anything rotary powered those are your offenders. Those cars aren't in the same realm of the technology as our cars and the shit just breaks with normal use. New cars are way more solid and reliable than the performance cars of yesteryear, not to mention it's a lot easier to pin point problems. The problem is your average BMW/e90 owner isn't exactly the most patient and willing to dig into their cars. Labor rate at dealerships is stupid. Not to mention the internet is harsh place.

2007 335i Sedan
1991 Toyota Supra, 1JZ swap, T66 single, supporting mods.
Appreciate 0