View Single Post
      07-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
MyBeemer
Rep
Drives: BMW 325ci

Interesting. On May 30th I got gas, just like you, at the BP Amoco down the street from my house. The next morning my car would not start. It got towed to the dealer and the first time they said it was the fuel pump. The next morning after I picked it up from the dealer, it would not start again, I had it towed for the second time in a week. This time the dealer changed the fuel filter. As I was waiting for my car to come out, the service adviser came out and said it would not start again...3 times in one week!

The third time the dealer ran tests on the gasoline and determined it had higher than 22% ethanol. Initially I approached the BP Amoco station, they said to contact BP Amoco since it was not their problem. I approached BP Amoco and they sent me back to the gas station saying it was not their problem since it was an independent dealer. The station sent me to their insurance, and my claim got denied, claiming there is not enough "proof" even though I have 2 continuous weeks of receipts, a report from the dealer saying that my gas contained more than 22% ethanol. I had the Department of Agriculture run tests on the gas station. I am waiting for the reports, but it's been over a month since I got gas there so who knows what the results will be.

Today is July 5th and my car is still at the shop....36 days! It has been over 1 month since my car has been at the dealer and no one wants to take responsibility, not the dealer, or the gas station, or BP Amoco, nor the station's insurance company. The total to pick up my car is over $3,000 in addition to the nearly $500 I already paid the first two times it got towed.

I am wondering if there are more people out there with this problem...it would be interesting to find out who really is at fault because it seems they are dumping the problem on us and it is much, much, much bigger than it looks.

Last edited by MyBeemer; 07-05-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0