View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
ghyun82
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Coupe 6MT Black/Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
Those "squeegies" are not meant to squeegie the water away - they are to prevent dirt and such from getting inside the door and fouling up the window and handle mechanisms. There is no FIX for this other than waiting until the car dries out before rolling your windows down.
that may not be what they're meant for...but doesn't everyone agree that that's what they do? so even after a day of the car being dry (and it could be more than 24 hours), if i roll the windows down then up, i should expect to see water marks on the windows because the rubber sealant has dried yet? and these water marks should leave stains on my window? didn't think rubber could retain water like that.

the concern was more the fact that even after a day of being dry, why would the windows still get wet. obviously if it just rained and i did this and i expected it to be dry, i'd be expecting a miracle. i think even after 8 hours of sitting in a garage while i'm at work should be plenty of time for wherever this water is hiding to dry out. obviously the window isn't wet after 8 hours right. and neither is the rubber right?