View Single Post
      09-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Well tonight I had a few minutes, Still didnt get to level match but the gain is at a decent level by ear about 9oclock position.
I will set correctly asap but didnt have enough time to remove the trunk floor and get a screwdriver etc.

I re-ran the calibration same as my last calibration :

* Front = 2-way, * 50Hz subsonic/24dB, 200Hz at 24dB Hi/Lo
* Center = 1-way, 200Hz at 24dB
* Sides = 1-way, 200Hz at 24dB
* Calibration volume = -21dB
* Main volume after calibration = -6dB

But this time since I knew it was working pretty damn good I figured I would calibrate the passenger side as well and then set the seating position to front instead of "Driver"

Is "FRONT" the best setting im assuming since there usually almost always me and my gf in the car.

Well damn it sounds totally diff, Is this what you guys usually do when you get a tune you like? Calibrate Driver side, then passenger side then set the MS8 to FRONT?

This is the first time I did both seating positions and once I set to front the Center channel mellows out alot. Maybe this was my reasoning for thinking the Center was overpowering besides that its currently my most efficient speaker?

Just from changing it from driver to front it changes the center behaviour and I believe sounds way more balanced across the stage ( from left to center to right ).
( so this could be some more lack of MS8 knowledge on my part ).

Do you guys usually do it that way? Again it seems I upped the bar for the sound as I continue to get it perfect.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 09-23-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0