First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteonWheat View Post
Thanks for the update Mike. I understand that it's not going to "go" anywhere, but vibrating up and down over time is either loosen the connection to the "accordion" OEM tubing or going to rub up against something somewhere. Why else did they decide to make a support bracket?

Thanks,
-WoW
Just a comment along those lines, and it's not my intention to imply that the support bracket would have eliminated the possibility of this happening, but apparently the vibration is enough that if you don't get the "connection to the accordion OEM tubing" clamp on tight enough, (my bad) it will vibrate loose enough to come off. My clamp is somewhere on Interstate 20 in Georgia. And of course with no extra clamps on hand, I had the resort to plastic tie wraps to get me home yesterday, since I had no interest in driving 500 plus miles while looking at that CEL illuminated. Word to the wise, it's $15 and some change to replace that clamp with an OEM part from BMW, or $1.85 plus tax for a 3 - 5 inch diameter hose clamp from your neighborhood big box hardware store.