View Single Post
      11-22-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
JaySTee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320d SE

Thanks for your advice, I have now had a chance to have a poke around...

Took the pollen filter cover off and it was on properly with no leaves underneath. Looking down the hole to the intake fan I could not see any evidence of water having been in that area, but i suppose I had been using the car since the leak and this could have dried with the fan running and heat in that area...

There were a few leaves in the mesh drains either side but I'm not sure if there were enough to block them, although we had had some very heavy rain. Anyway have cleared them out.

The door seals all look as they should, no sunroof.

I pulled some of the trim off so I could lift the footwell carpet up and found it to be bone dry underneath so the water must have dropped on to the top of the carpet rater than running down the front bulkhead and under the carpet...

What happens to the water that gets under the seal at the bottom of the screen as this does not seem to be stuck down, it just rests on the glass? It looks like it would go into the fresh air inlet area under the pollen filter - does that sound right?

Anyway it is drying out now so will have to keep an eye on it next time we have rain...
Appreciate 0