View Single Post
      12-02-2007, 04:11 AM   #31
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Interesting to hear your thoughts - good review. What worries me about going from a 3 coupe to a 1 coupe is that you don't get all the nice finishing touches that the 3 coupe has... like the orange ambient lighting along the doors and side trim at the back, as well as the rear passenger heating controls. I'll need to pop along to the dealers and have a proper look myself.
+1, nice review.

But in reality these little details don't really matter and if the car is fun to drive does in matter? I have driven a 118d and 120d on road and track and they are great fun. They remind me a (bit) of the E36 3 series of the past. i.e. they are ultimately less able than a new 3 E46, E90's but more fun everyday.

Put all the bias out your head and go and have a drive and if it's fun and you want it, then go for it. It would be a mistake to think the 1's less than a 3 series. Think what do I fancy driving over the next few yrs? I drive a Fabia vRS as well as my 335d and I love driving the fabia. It's good to drive, has lots of go as it a turbo diesel and small car and although it roles a bit it can go quickly down a b road with lots of driver.

What I think would be difficult is do you but the 123d or the 135i as both have there merits.